You in all probability vaguely bear in mind your final 12 months earlier than getting into highschool. Between disturbing parental relationships and typical teenage woes, it is high-key disturbing. That sounds rather a lot like what Elsie Fisher’s awkward character offers with within the movie Eighth Grade, written by Bo Burnham.
Within the movie, Fisher performs Kayla, who, in contrast to us, grows up within the time of iPhones and Instagram. For the reason that movie was launched in July, the actress has been gaining vital approval for her function, together with her latest win for greatest younger actor or actress on the Critics’ Selection Awards. This is what you’ll want to know in regards to the gifted 15-year-old.
- She has one sibling, Nathan. Youthful brothers are simply a lot enjoyable, aren’t they? We love how shut this sister-brother duo seem like, and like most siblings, they have a tendency to get into some shenanigans collectively!
- She’s a complete animal lover. Elsie has canine and a cat named Judy (after Jimmy Neutron’s mother), and, after all, they’re all lovable!
- She is not precisely new to the appearing world. Ever see Despicable Me or Despicable Me 2? Elsie was the voice of Agnes. She has different roles underneath her belt, just like the film Coaching Wheels and TV exhibits Mike & Molly and Medium.
- She pertains to her character in Eighth Grade. Elsie is a young person rising up in an technology-driven world herself, so she introduced quite a lot of her emotions into the movie. The truth is, the character’s catch phrase, “Gucci,” together with the ‘OK’ hand signal was one thing Fisher mentioned on a regular basis and it simply labored for her character, too!
- She’s proving her highschool instructor so fallacious. After filming wrapped for Eighth Grade, Elsie tried out for her highschool play in Thousand Oaks, California . . . and she did not get a component. That is the woman who wowed the gang at Sundance Movie Pageant, so yeah, we hope she’s not too upset about it.